Website Design AGREEMENT
StationV.com will always do its best to fulfill your needs and meet your goals, but sometimes it is best to have a few simple things written down so that we both know what is what, who should do what and what happens if stuff goes wrong. In this agreement you won’t find complicated legal terms or large passages of unreadable text. StationV.com has no desire to trick you into signing something that you might later regret. StationV.com does want what’s best for the safety of both parties, now and in the future.
You (Name) are hiring StationV.com located at 129 Spence Street, Winnipeg MB to design and develop a web site for the estimated total price of $???.00 as discussed at our initial meeting on ?Date?. The “Job Requirements” are provided at the end of this document.
What both parties agree to do
As a customer of StationV.com, you have the power and ability to enter into this agreement on behalf of your company or organization. You agree to provide us with everything that is needed to complete the project including text, images and other information as and when it is needed, and in the format requested. You agree to review our work, provide feedback and sign-off approval in a timely manner too. Deadlines work two ways and you will also be bound by any dates that we set together. You also agree to stick to the payment schedule set out at the end of this agreement.
StationV.com has the experience and ability to perform the services you need to complete your website and will carry them out in a professional and timely manner. Along the way StationV.com will endeavour to meet all the deadlines set but cannot be responsible for a missed launch date or a deadline if you have been late in supplying materials or have not approved or signed off work on-time at any stage. On top of this, confidentiality will be maintained of any information that you give to StationV.com.
Getting down to the nitty gritty
StationV.com will create designs for the look-and-feel, layout and functionality of your website. This agreement includes one main design plus the opportunity for you to make up to two rounds of revisions. If you’re not happy with the designs at this stage, you will pay StationV.com in full for all the work that has been produced until that point and you may either cancel this agreement or continue to commission StationV.com to make further design revisions at the daily rate of $75.00 per hour.
StationV.com knows from plenty of experience that fixed-price agreements are rarely beneficial to you, as they often limit you to your first idea about how something should look, or how it might work. StationV.com does not want to limit either your options or your opportunities to change your mind.
The estimate price at the beginning of this document is based on the number of days estimated to accomplish everything that you have told StationV.com that you want to achieve. If you do want to change your mind, add extra pages or templates or even add new functionality, that won’t be a problem. You will be charged the hourly rate set out above. Requests for changes, additions and/or deletions need to be made in writing and sent via email so we can keep track of changes.
StationV.com will test
- All the markup and CSS in current versions of major browsers including those made by Apple, Microsoft, and Mozilla.
- To ensure that pages will display in Safari, Internet Explorer and Chrome.
- To ensure that pages will display visually in a ‘similar’, albeit not necessarily an identical way, in Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 for Windows as this browser is now past it’s sell-by date.
- To ensure that pages will respond to tablets (iPads), Smartphones (iPhone), and other similar devices made with Android or Windows operating systems. Success may vary slightly between devices.
StationV.com will not test
- Templates in old or abandoned browsers, for example Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or 5.5 for Windows or Mac, previous versions of Apple’s Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or Opera.
You guarantee to StationV.com that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork that you provide for inclusion in the website are either owned by your good selfs, or that you have permission to use them.
When StationV.com receives your final payment, copyright is automatically assigned as follows:
- The graphics and other visual elements that StationV.com created for you for this project. StationV.com will give you a copy of all files and you should store them really safely as StationV.com is not required to keep them or provide any native source files that were used in making them.
- The text content, photographs and other data you provided, unless someone else owns them.
- The XHTML markup, CSS and other code and is licensed to you for use on only this project.
The fine print
StationV.com is sure you understand how important it is as a small business that you pay the invoices sent to you promptly. As we’re also sure you’ll want to stay friends, you agree to stick tight to the following payment schedule.
On date of signing this agreement, $300.00 CAD.
The remainder shall be paid within two weeks after the launch date.
The really fine print
StationV.com cannot guarantee that the functions contained in any web page templates or in a completed website will always be error-free and so cannot be liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this website and any other web pages, even if you have advised StationV.com of the possibilities of such damages.
Just like a parking ticket, you cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else without permission from StationV.com. This agreement stays in place and need not be renewed. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Agreed and Signed by:
_________________________________ Date: ______________________
Victor Hooper, Owner of StationV.com
_________________________________ Date: ______________________
JOB REQUIREMENTS (SAMPLE)
StationV.com will acquire
- The domain name registration if required.
- A hosting company for email.
- Costs incurred for these two items are not included in the estimate.
StationV.com will provide the following elements
- Master Page
- Basic design of all pages based on our discussion where the logo, colours, site navigation and content were explored.
- Design based on our discussion and the sample websites viewed:
- www.?? www.?? www.??
Pages to be included: SAMPLE
- About Us
- Staff - bios and photos
- Yearly Report
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
?NAME? will supply
- All text will be provided “copy and paste” ready.
- All logos and graphic materials will be provided in jpeg format. Alternatives include jpg, PNG, Giff and/or PDF formats.
- Provide suggestions regarding content and writing style for the web.
- Provide consultation regarding Keywords for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Provide Google Analytics for the site. Monthly reports made available upon request.
- Resize and manipulate graphics to fit the design of the website.