Google G Suite Resources
Recommended Video Tutorials
A few minutes watching these videos will save you hours of time going forward and will vastly improve your organization's records and communications.
Updated: January 2, 2017
By Anson Alexander
Sharing explained at: 10:37
How to Share Documents In Google Drive
Published on Feb 6, 2017
By Steve Dotto of Dotto Tech
7 Geeky Tips & Tricks for Google Docs
Published on Mar 26, 2017
By Jamie Keet at Teacher's Tech
- Best place to start your Google Docs from - 0:00
- Advanced sharing - 2:50
- Comments, assign users and individual tasks - 4:33
- Force a copy or preview of your Google Docs - 7:17
- The fantastic Explore feature! - 8:25 - research made easy.;.. (search) within your document window for relative articles and images; and use the quote icon to create footnotes automatically.
- Star and Move shortcut icon - 10:44
- The always important Revision History 11:46
G Suite Productivity Tools
Google web applications include: Gmail, Google Drive, Google Plus, Google Hangouts, Google Calendar, YouTube, Maps, and Google News.
Basic apps include:
- Docs (word processing)
- Sheets (spreadsheet)
- Slides (Powerpoint)
- Forms (data collecting)
Google documents can be shared with one person, a group of people or the entire world wide web. PDFs, Word Docs, etc. can also be stored and shared in Google Drive.
Squarespace & Google For Work
Squarespace works well with Google. Website forms can send data directly to Google Spreadsheets and also to any email address.
Over the years, Google has updated, expanded and unified their cloud/web based applications and services. This has led to some confusing terminology.
Google Drive and Google Apps
Generally, Google Drive and Google Apps refer to the version available to individuals. It is free. All applications are available including Gmail, Drive, YouTube, Google Plus and Hangouts.
Google For Work
This is and has been called Google Apps for Business and Google for Business. It is a paid service with all the web applications that are available for individuals plus the following:
- custom email addresses at your domain (@yourcompany.com). Each person with a unique email address (president@... or sam@...) is called a User. Each User has their own Google For Work account based on their unique email address. Documents created can be shared with other users and any individuals outside the organization that have an email address.
- at least 30GB of storage for documents and email
- 24/7 phone and email support for the designated administrator of the overall account
Google for Nonprofits
This is Google for Work for free. Canadian nonprofits apply through TechSoup. We thank Google for their interest in supporting the work of charitable, non-discriminating non-profit organizations throughout the world.
Each Board/Staff member will have a separate Google account within your organization's Google account. These accounts are called "user" accounts. Each user has their own suit of Google applications. Documents in user accounts can be shared with other users.
Contact Vic: (204) 471-4736